View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #236
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Your examples are ridiculous. WTF does the Betsy Ross flag being flown at Obama's inauguration prove? Clinton laughing in pictures with Trump? So what?

Always nice to see you too. They are social media (and often mainstream media) manufactured "controversies" that embolden people like my parents that even though they don't like Trump (as I said in my original post... not sure my mom doesn't actually like him) the alternative are just hypocrites.

For example: The border crisis that almost every Democratic politician is on record at some point prior making statements similar to Trump's policy, the cages were around prior to Trump. Doesn't mean these aren't real issues but to blame Trump when quickly pointed out as a hypocrite just makes my parents feel like they are correct.

Every day there is some new sign that Trump's America has sent us to the edge of 1930's Germany. (people wearing a MAGA hat, the Betsy Ross flag, etc)

I've said before I don't agree with my parents but disagree with you that they have no point whatsoever.

Last edited by panerd : 07-05-2019 at 02:43 PM.