View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #249
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I simply don't get this worse coverage thing and that's the major stumbling block. I think single payer is vastly improved coverage and its no contest. That's why people are willing to pay more in taxes. Detectables would be essentially eliminated. You wouldn't have hidden payments (a very American issue right now as is this new thing of "True Emergency" initiated by insurance companies). People daily get screwed by their health insurance, who will deny valid claims and try to assign cost sharing on things they shouldn't until the government cites them for it (Investigating and citing health insurance companies is part of my job, mind). That's not even getting into self funded Heath plans that run out of money, leaving participants on the hook for procedures they thought was covered. Our system, for people that HAVE insurance, is a complete mess. The reason people are for single payer is because it's better coverage. And if you disagree on that that we simply don't have enough basic agreement to have a conversation about this.

And its fascinating to me that you have never ran into someone who turned down a job they liked better because of health care benefits. 70% of employers offering health care doesn't mean it's all the same quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk