View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #3402
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
With all the crazy going on, it probably has to do with the competence/dedication of the person doing it for them. I can't imagine stores are in a position to train people, etc. right now.

Yeah, I'd argue this. I'm quite positive that whether or not we'll get packages delivered to our door by USPS (I live in apartment) depends on the postal carrier. Before COVID 19, all packages would go to the leasing office. But the leasing office has closed up and asked all delivery folk to drop packages off at apartment doors instead. No issue for FedEx or UPS.

My neighbor was waiting on a USPS package that should have arrived. She called in and they said, oh we aren't doing door to door deliveries in your apartment building for the safety of our carriers. My neighbor is immunocompromised and has mobility issues. Having her go to the post office would have been ridiculous.

Especially since I was positive I saw a USPS mail carrier going door to door the week before.

So today the same USPS mail carrier is delivering things door to door (we got a bunch of stuff - including something that was mailed to us but they told the sender that they are holding it at the post office for pickup) and delivered my neighbor's package.

I'm convinced that we have one good USPS mail carrier and she only works like once a week or something. And the other USPS mail carriers are just lazy.