View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 08:51 AM   #3514
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
What if the stay at home stuff is too effective? I mean let's say 10-20% have gotten the virus but close to 80% have not? When can the stay at home order ever end? Isn't the conclusion that the flattening the curve is really to save the strain on hospitals and eventually everyone will be exposed to this virus? (unless you do stay at home until the vaccine comes out)

This isn't some economy argument and certainly isn't an argument that Trump is doing something right. Just not sure I'm understanding the end game or if there is an end game here.

Early on I recall a lot of the experts warning against thinking this is a short term solution, and saying the flattening would be a long process. They have since been silenced by Trump and Pence, I read recently Pence is now forbidding any scientists on his team from doing CNN interviews. I think a lot of the reopening stuff is driven by Trump and co. to get the economy going.

I suspect what happens is we start opening around Memorial Day. The summer months knocks this down and we are lulled in to a false sense of security. Trump claims victory and fires Fauci who then goes on to warn people we are being to complacent. Then this thing roars back in the fall.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote