View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 01:23 PM   #3535
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Going out of "shelter in place" in Sept/Oct before a vaccine would be the worst thing you can do. Schools back in session, colder weather, allergies back in effect and other colder weather illnesses (ie, the normal flu) that could weaken our immune system.

If we aren't going to stay in until a vaccine (which I don't think we can), I think we have to look at loosening the restrictions in July. I'm not saying 40K people at a sporting event or big concerts - but maybe open back up restaurants for under 25 people, salons, stores, etc. The summer has the advantage of no school (slows the spread of illness), fewer allergy issues, hotter weather to potentially slow down the virus propagation and it is easier for the "at-risk" population to stay at home. If we could end the summer with good practices in place to reduce the spread (more companies instituting better health guards because they have money and customers), I think we would be in a better spot for the fall. Worst case, we would have a higher group immunity due to some of the lower risk groups getting and recovering from it.

Last edited by Arles : 04-10-2020 at 01:24 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote