View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #3545
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The thing I am thinking about is how we deal with these people. My mother in law lives in the area. Do we just never visit her until there is a vaccine?

I'm a healthy guy in his young 40s with a job. I would presumably be one of the people out and about if we do loosen restrictions. But if I am out and about, even in a limited way, I don't see how I could ensure that I am not an asymptomatic carrier who got exposed 6 days ago at the gas station.

And even if you don't visit her, Somebody three transmissions removed from you might infect his Mother. Or you infect a mate who infects his daughter who infects a friend who infects her mom who is a nurse in a home and has only a shitty selfmade mask because there still aren't enough good ones.

I mean, the idea of protecting the vulnerable is good but we can't properly (with the current tools and ressources) when a small portion of the generall population has it, how would it work better with the same Tools if more have it ?

There is no alternative to keeping infection levels and risks low everywhere. There are Tools to do that while opening up but those are not available yet or not enough like proper masks.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-10-2020 at 03:06 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote