View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #95
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would love to see some consistent tactic for Day One which gives the votes for today some meaning for once. I know there have been efforts toward that (just recently, I think it was EF who had the Day 1 lynch candidate survive, although that's one that can only be used so often).

I'm not a fan of a two horse race alone, because I don't know that it really gives us enough candidates to give us a fair shot at a wolf or of something we can eventually learn from this vote.

If we go with Danny's numbers (3 wolves, 11 villagers), choosing at random, we have a 27% chance of hitting a wolf with the first candidate, and a 49% chance of having a wolf in two candidates selected at random. So picking at random, two candidates are still less than even chances. Plus, the actual percentage will be lower even than that, because three players are actively seeking to stop us from having a wolf in the mix.

If we introduce a third player, there is only a 34% chance of randomly selecting three villagers. Sure, it can still happen, but I like those odds better.

So I am going to attempt to do something useful with my Day 1 vote and push up a third candidate from those already with votes. J23 and jeff061 don't play so often, so that leaves me with Autumn.

VOTE AUTUMN

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote