View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #206
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
For the sake of argument, I believe we should consider the biodome as a secondary task. We have supplies on us already, and it is highly likely that we will find necessary supplies from the first crew. A surplus of supplies will not make our colony successful.

What we do not have is a system of governing ourselves once we have landed. I strongly feel that establishing the government should be our number one priority. Without this we may find ourselves falling into chaos.

With that being said, I would like to toss my name into the fold for Sheriff. You, my fellow crewmates, did not know me on Earth, but I have countless years of experience enforcing justice.

I could essentially have made this post, verbatim.

I have law enforcement experience on Earth, and I doubt that there is anyone on this mission that would be better equipped to carry out the sometimes physical nature of enforcing whatever laws we decide upon than myself.

That said, my record isn't perfect, and my physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes. So I would implore the group to 1) focus on constructing government first, 2) electing me as sheriff, and 3) checking my enforcement of the rules we establish.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote