View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #899
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
It isnt semantics though.

Automatic :: Semi-automatic = Auto Transmission :: Manual Transmission

In a world where we're being increasingly told that we can't even presume pronouns and its our responsibility to educate ourselves about these things if we want to participate in the conversation or comment on legislative proposals (to pick just one progressive issue), I agree that it's not just a semantics issue.

I know this outrages demfolk (with whom I largely self-identify, in fact) because it seems like pointless pedantry when *lives of children are on the line!!!!#@$@#*** but dems get almighty stupid about this sort of shit. Precision of language is important or its not. You don't get to pick and choose which issues get to claim precision and which don't.

We (dems) tend not to realize that we sound just as stupid when we dismiss this topic as unworthy of precision as we imagine the small town cowlick sounds when they walk into a Starbucks and moan about people who can't just order coffee. I mean, it's all fucking coffee, you know? Anything else you call it is just semantics.

ETA: Any for anybody who wants to make the point that coffee never killed anybody, so it's an invalid analogy. You, sir, have not seen my fucking prostate, so fuck off.

Last edited by Drake : 07-26-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote