View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 06:04 PM   #127
Dutch
"Dutch"

While I agree that Tony George is probably not interested in the best interests of open-wheel racing, I'm split on what should be done by the courts.

Tony George was a part of Indy Cars when they were very, very popular. He has to know the importance of car prestige, racer prestige, circuit prestige, and the importance of international drivers and road and street courses.

Maybe if CART just went away, Tony George would in fact return to this format anyway?

CART was awesome, but it sucked that CART didn't have the Indy 500. That took much too much away from an otherwise good series. And the lack of big name young stars to replace the aging veterans didn't help and won't help and return of CART now.

Actually, as it looks now, it will just be another start up series with no money. Who is going to care about that?

Perhaps Tony George should just be admitted the winner and let give him a shot. If the choice is 2 crappy open-wheel racing series vs. 1 crappy open-wheel racing series (with the potential to be a top notch league again), I think realistically speaking, the only chance in the next 10 years is with a singular unified series under the IRL flag.

I'm sorry I have to say that, but I think Tony has won the fight. And I was a HUGE CART fan.

Last edited by Dutch : 01-27-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote