Thread: Werewolf Ethics
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 06:39 AM   #29
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Now here's an ethical question we've had before, and it's one side that I've personally been on the opposite of many.

Do you vote to lynch a person on Day One for failure to check in.

My admittedly loose rule is to not punish a person for what may be a real life issue - not receiving a pm, somethign coming up for a day in an emergency fashion, and so forth. Now, there are extenuating circumstances, such as someone who has agreed to be in the game and posting in a bunch of other forums but not here despite several pms, but that's not the normal case.

Do you vote for the no show on Day One?

-Anxiety

I don't have any problem voting for someone who hasn't checked in. There are exceptions though. If someone says they aren't going to be there ahead of time for whatever reason, like Raiders did in Hoops game just recently, I don't go after them.

If its a case where someone is on the forums, got their PM but just hasn't checked in though, I have no problems voting for someone who isn't going to be active playing. Like Schmidty says, if something is going on in their RL, I doubt they care too much about getting voted off in a WW game.

No one likes getting voted off on day 1, the only real thing I try to do on day 1 is not vote off someone who has gotten voted off a ton recently unless they just make some bad slip up or something.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote