View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #719
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
JAG, The offer came to me from EF ~24 hours before the end of D0 last night. I could have sabotaged the radio (hmm...) to prevent the rest of the crew from asking about my background.

Autumn, I've alluded to the reputational issues before... I was a very capable police officer, but perhaps too eager in applying my physicality. In response to the offer, I decided I would be forthright about it here. I refused the offer and did not lose my vote for sheriff.

Timmae, it was EF that made the offer, not a fellow crewmember. But what this vote total likely indicates is that someone with aspirations to be the crew leader was willing to sabotage our communications to try to cement his status and reputation. And, looking at the list, DanGarion seems the likeliest person to have done that.

You are assuming the same offer was made to others, which in this situation seems to obvious. If in this instance you are correct, why would DanGarion continue to hide behind his vague background description knowing full well that he was about to destroy the communication equipment? He had a healthy vote lead going into the end of day 0 and may have been able to lock it down by just making up a background we would support, again knowing we wouldn't be able to verify it as he was about to destroy the comm unit.

To make this assertion, we would have to assume that 1. He didn't want to win the leadership role, and 2. He absolutely had to protect his background.

Not seeing the connection here.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote