View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 08:56 AM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I wish I hadn't read that.

All kidding aside, while I'm not thrilled to know that the zodiac signs still govern chemistry, I am content enough with the fact that I don't have to look at their zodiac signs in the game that I will be using chemistry when I play. However, the way I will use it will be in a reactive, and not proactive, manner. Meaning, because I think zodiac "compatibility" is complete and utter BS, I will not attempt to determine whether a player I am about to sign or draft could possibly have a conflict with an existing player on my team. I'll forget that the information about which signs align and conflict is even available. I will use it, though, as part of the information I gather to determine whether I should keep certain players, or get rid of them, once I see that there is either an affinity or a conflict. If I have a great WR leader, and a 3rd/4th string WR has a conflict with him, that might sway me, all things being equal, to go get someone else.

I would prefer that this work just like it does in real life - 90% of the time, you don't know how people are going to react to each other, and the other 10% of the time, we know from prior history whether they are friends or enemies. Ideally, I'd like to see a random element in place, with the fact that two guys are college teammates, or you've got two guys who are both used to being #1 guys suddenly competing on the same team, being the true measure of chemistry. This would make us think twice, for instance, about adding Randy Moss to a team with Terrell Owens, or might sway us to pick up the college QB of our #1 WR pick the year before.

That seems realistic and would be a substantive improvement to the game play and immersion factor of this game. Zodiac signs, while far easier to implement, I imagine, is not. However, I will take them for what they are and use them to add a bit more strategy to the game, which I do believe will be useful.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote