View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #12
Daimyo
College Starter

I know a lot of people object to it because of the astrology thing, but as Ksyrup has pointed out its not just the zodiac. If he had assigned colors to every player and used those it would still be just as bad IMO. I don't think you should be able to predict who will get along until after you have the players on your team.

To me the ideal situation would be if it worked as it does now, except the 12 personality types were randomly assigned. Perhaps somewhere on the player's card would be tracked a history of every past teammate the player had an affinity or conflict with (ignoring the neutrals). Basically I don't want to be able to predict who will get along based on any arbituary groupings.

Now if you could extend the system so that conflicts wouldn't become apparent all at once, but gradually develop (and develop more so during losing seasons than winning ones) that would be icing. Also cool if players would email you from time to time to pimp a former teammate that had an affinity with who was available in FA or complain to the press about teammates they conflict with... (I guess that is starting to sound too much like CM)
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote