Thread: Hattrick
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #66
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

One of the things that is very different is that the quality of the players has risen. By that I mean I got promoted out of V to IV several years ago with Solids except for my keeper trainees. Now, Solids are dirt cheap and I need to reach for Excellents to get any where near the team that just dropped down to my VI.

I spent 23k to bring my starters up to all passable, and now I see that Solids are 5-10k at most positions. Since I spent an average of 2k per Passable starter, I'm not out anything but time. Now I need to trawl for those 50k Excellents.

I picked up a 31-yr old middie with Exc PM and Solid Passing for 62k yesterday, my first non-USA player. Then I added a 30-yr old Solid PM/Passable passing PM for 9k.

I'm no hurry to win anything, just build awhile, so I'll be rummaging the bargain bin this season.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote