View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #2372
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
freakishly addicted to Tap Sports Football. It's got NFLPA rights but not NFL so you get real players but no team name.

It's VERY simplistic. Gameplay is asynchronous turn based and you play drive by drive. You don't call plays and the only impact you have on your player is one touch on the screen. If it's a pass play, you can do one of two things: touch anywhere on the screen to pass to the player running the route or touch the red square for you QB to go to an outlet pass. For a running play, you have one touch of the screen that will have your ball carrier make one, and only one, cut.

It's free but I just paid the silly 99 cents to get a silver player, a bronze player and most importantly, remove all ads...

I don't know if we can set up a league per se, but you can challenge FB friends or other people by email I think...

App Shopper: Tap Sports Football (Games)

FM

So, I'm in. Kinda. I like the game dynamic...reminds me a bit of New Star Soccer, as it compresses a complicated sports game into some very simple elements but retains at least the vague shape of the original sport. The one-tap concept is a winner for the tablet/phone crowd.

I don't know where it goes, though. I have played out maybe 10 games with my initial team of hobos, and have started the obvious accumulation of incrementally better players. But...for what purpose? I don't really get the dynamic yet -- I joined a "league" of rookie teams, but two guys are simply paving everyone (I'm guessing these are real money guys who spent $ to get good players). So...what's the real point of all this?

Back to the basics...I like the game. I'll keep playing.

I'm ChesCheapshots, just in case anyone might want a game.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote