View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 06:01 AM   #108
Squirrel
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It seems to me like Jim should be happy when different people find different angles to use in the game. The more ways to build a winner, the better. It feels like this change was aimed squarely at you (as the most well-known and successful of the chemistry guys). That kinda sucks. Things like that are part of what made me decide FOF wasn't really for me any more.

I don't think having chem in the game does any harm for MP FOF, quite the reverse, but I'm probably biased in saying that as I lean on it fairly heavily, though alas with less success than Quik.

I think the main thing chem does for MP FOF is increase the amount of trading that goes on. In the league I follow most closely, the GML, I do more trades than most and often there's a chem angle that provokes it. Some of these trades, if not most, could be viewed as unbalanced and I'm sure some GMs look at them and think I'm mad. But I'm sitting there thinking it's good for my team based on the things I value.

I think having trades is fun and an important reason to play MP not SP. Surely it's good for the game to have reasons to cause different people to value the same thing differently, which is the reason trades happen. Scouting variance and scheme are good for this, as are some other things, but so to my mind is chem.

Last edited by Squirrel : 05-31-2018 at 06:02 AM.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote