View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 02:56 PM   #134
QuikSand
lolzcat

Mostly boring reports here. Biggest news from the preseason is that our 3rd year RB Blackburn took a tumble in camp, and he ended up being the cut, leaving two rookies and our affinity journeyman as our ball carriers for this year. In retrospect, I really do regret letting RB Gabe Bans walk into free agency, but we'll make do with good chemistry and young fresh legs I guess.

Overall for this year, I'm giving two rookie OL the start, so I think we will suffer on offense a bit. WR Duran is still our build-around guy, so we expect another big season from him, hopefully with WR Vukmir, WR Doyle, and TE Maloney filling in above replacement value. If so, we ought to remain a top-tier offense.

The defense lucked into a lot of turnovers last season, I don't feel we can count on that. If we remain a roughly average unit there, that will be fine. The pass rush could slide a bit (we had some veteran erosion at DE) but again, we on't need to be great, merely okay.

I think we regress to the mean a bit from last year's #1 seed, and finish at something close to 11-5. Solid, but not elite.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote