View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #255
QuikSand
lolzcat

The end of the Vito story is fine... but it certainly didn't merit the time spent on him while he was away. I'm not sure what we really gained from the whole side-plot with him (other than the nickname "Johnnycakes" which may live in pop culture infamy forever) that really advanced much of anything. Much the way I feel about the whole (misguided, in my view) extended coma plotline.

For my money, Carmela in Paris was handled well -- we get the idea, it gives the character a chance to develop a bit, and now we're done with it. To me -- that's a good example of a productive "side light" as opposed to the other drudge that we have seen too much of this season.

I did think that the scenes with Tony and A.J. were probably the best we've seen between them in the entire series, but the bar wasn't set very high there. I never thought they developed either kid very well (Meadow's...uh...development... has been of a different variety, really) and neither one's plotlines have proven very entertaining to me.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote