View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 01:10 PM   #8920
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I would understand if MVP distracted Goldberg by hitting his son and giving Lashley the win. But Goldberg was absolutely squashed in that match. I guess there is always a market for seeing Goldberg do something, but I just don't see how there is any hype for it.

And while I know its wrestling, wouldn't a worked ref stoppage because he blew out his knee and was repeatedly bashed by a chair after the match require longer than a month layoff?

The whole thing makes Goldberg look incredibly weak.

Once the knee went, the beatdown ensued.

Didn't feel like a squash to me up to that point (and, yeah, I actually endured the whole match live ... kid was home, he'll watch nearly anything)

As for hype {shrug}, the follow up is designed to play to a live crowd that won't need any hype to be interested.

The best thing the WWE could do (granted, it's not feasible in the social media era, but hypothetically speaking) is have no one outside Saudi see or hear about the matches in Saudi. They're virtually non-canon. They're a spot show custom built for a money mark.