View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 06:19 PM   #6861
Edward64
Head Coach

This is the Costco I go to.

I'm glad they are enforcing their policy and confronting the non-compliant. Looks like the guy just wanted to be a dick and using the 4th Amendment as an excuse. I was initially concerned about the son but then read he was an adult son. I hope Costco bans him for life.

https://www.forsythnews.com/news/pub...g-mask-costco/
Quote:
A video of a local man being placed in handcuffs outside the Costco on Bald Ridge Marina Road on Saturday, Nov. 21 has been making the rounds on social media, but both the local police and the man who was cited are saying there is more to the incident than the video shows.

On Saturday, local resident Cory Wayland was detained, placed into the back of a Cumming Police Department cruiser and cited with disorderly conduct after he and his son were asked to leave the store for his son reportedly not wearing a face mask, which is required by store policy.

While some of the online discourse has claimed the arrest was due to not wearing a mask, Cumming Police Chief David Marsh said Wayland “was cited based on his conduct on the scene and for refusing to leave the store when he was asked to.”

“It didn’t have anything to do with the mask other than that’s what prompted the store to call us,” Marsh told Forsyth County News on Monday. “We certainly don’t arrest people for not wearing masks. That’s not something that we enforce. It didn’t have anything to do with that and it had everything to do with his behavior throughout that investigation and at the Costco.”
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote