View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 12:12 PM   #6881
PilotMan
Head Coach

Getting sick during a pandemic is a bit scary. My oldest came home from his job at the the College on Monday with a hacking cough and was just not feeling good. We kept pegging him with questions about his other symptoms, and watched him all week. By all appearances it looked like he had a shitty cold. No fever any more than a mid 99.

Then I got sick. But I always get sick this time of year. I have nearly chronic upper respiratory that frequently devolves into Bronchitis and sometimes Pneumonia. Exact same shallow hacking cough started Wednesday. Yesterday I felt like shit. Made it most of the day, no temp above 99.6 and ended up in bed early. Came around a bit later, but still not great. Sometime last night 'something' broke, because my bed was a mess because I was sweating all over. Woke up today feeling a lot better, except as expected, the cough is working its way down my lungs. Trying to keep it as clean as possible, but the fear that it's something more is always in the back of my mind. So far, it feels mostly normal, but that it could have been something else was nerve wracking. I've been waiting all this time to go back to training and now I'm supposed to go next week and spend 12 hours in a simulator. If I've got this cough, ain't no way that's happening. Nobody will want that. Totally frustrating.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote