State of the Diamond address
Two all-stars from our crew as Otto Sevihn joins Eddie Ingram and has the added distinction of making Willie McCovey expendable. The Pennant races are not shaping up as thrilling as only 2 teams are closer than 8 games out and they are both chasing the Dodgers in the NL West, tough LA would seem to have a big advantage as they hold the 2nd best record against their own division in Baseball.
• Young Izulde Jestor continues to be solid in triple A for the Padres maintaining a .332 average while waiting for his shot.
• The Reds Max Muller swipes 13 bases in July giving him 25 for the season.
• Eddie Ingram of the Expos is elected as the starting 2B for the NL all-stars with 617,597 votes
• Once again Willis Wilson hits over .400 for July and swats 9 HR Puff n Stuff’s but can’t get a look from the Pirates.
• Pedro Gonzalez continues to sizzle in triple A hitting .367 in July for the Pale Hose
• Jace Hunter looks to have arrived for the Indians hitting .324 in July and reclaiming the 1B job.
• Despite being shuffled around all season, Otto Sevihn is selected to start for the NL all-stars with 668,358 votes.
• TC Crooks breaks down yet again as an ankle injury puts him on the 15 day DL on July 20th as he throws just 19 1/3 innings for the entire month.
• Frank Cardoza sustains a minor foot injury on July 9th but misses no time.
• Gus Cantrell of the Reds sustains a minor leg injury which limits him to 3 starts in July
• Ryan Omark of the Expos sustains both wrist and leg injuries in July and is working his way back in a relief role.
• Rick Inman of the Padres is having a solid season against left-handed pitching hitting .311 to date.
• After 2 months hitting well over .300 ‘Boo’ Bentley of the Padres slips to .238 in July.
• Frank Cardoza gets his first real shot taking over as the Rangers starting LF on July 2nd.
• Kuji Chagulia hits his first career HR on July 8th in an 11-7 win over the Phillies.
• Max Muller relinquishes the starting CF job on the Reds to Bobby Tolan, as his OBP slips to .294
• Dan Schoonover cranks his first MLB HR off of Tom House in a 5-3 loss to the Mets on July 2nd.
• The Giants Otto Sevihn is hitting .443 for the season with runners in scoring position.
Set to debut in 1974
FOFC User Ramzavail
Name: Shovel Bryant
Ht/Wt: 6'3", 215
FOFC User: JAG
Name: Ty "Be the Ball' Webb
Ht/Wt: 6'2" 210lb
FOFC User: ntndeacon
Name:"Demon" Deacon Palmer
Age: (18-23 range please) 19
Role: (SP/RP) SP