View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #104
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

September 16, 2011 -

Ozzie is pissing me off. He skips my turn in the rotation with no explanation at all. Today, I'm starting in Milwaukee. I'm happy with most of the guys behind me except him inexplicably using Wood instead of Wilson at SS.

A terrible start to the game as a 1-0 fastball is hit by Corey Hart over the centerfield wall for his 11th homer of the year.

In the 2nd with a man on 1st and 0 outs, I get Ben Francisco to chase a high fastball that hit 100 MPH for the strikeout. The next hitter tries a hit and run but lines to Sanchez for an easy double play.

Struck Hart out in the 3rd with a 100 MPH 0-2 fastball down the middle (I wanted it to be low) of the plate that he just swung and missed. 1-2-3 3rd.

In the 4th with Braun on 1st, I struck out Fielder with a very low 1-2 fastball. Struck out Hardy next as he swung on a 1-2 fastball that was well outside. Struck out the side as I got Gamel to swing at a high 2-2 fastball.

A 2 run homer in the 5th by Sanchez gives us a 2-1 lead.

Struck out Capuano on a 2-2 high fastball to end the 5th. That was my 100th strike out of the year.

Struck out Braun with an outside 2-2 fastball to end the 6th. 1-2-3 6th.

Struck out Hardy with a 2-2 outside slider for the 2nd out in the 7th. I'm getting a bit better control of that pitch and finally feel comfortable throwing it in games. 1-2-3 7th.

Still a 2-1 game as I start the bottom of the 8th. Wood with a fielding error at short to allow the first runner to reach. Ozzie comes out. WTF, that asshole is removing me because of Wood's error. Thaddeus Waite will come in to pitch. My arm still feels good. I plan on talking to Ozzie about this if we lose..

Waite gives up 2 runs in the 8th and we lose the game 3-2. Waite is charged with the loss.

7 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 8 K, 0 BB.

I go into Ozzie's office after the game. He tells me that he shouldn't have taken me out that soon and he'll let me go longer next time.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote