View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This Section Also Didn't Happen

Today was the day I learned that not all future picks are treated the same by the AI. I offered the Saints a future Steeler 3rd for their 3rd/17 this year, and they said no. As a lark, I offered them my future and they agreed. Funny. Maybe I should have asked for another seventh. Ah well. I didn’t expect them to say yes, but I felt bound to the offer.

The Jets at 3/20 don’t even want a straight up trade for the Steelers pick. How far do I have to fall back to trade these things off? Maybe that trade wasn’t as good as I thought it would be.

Even Tampa says no at 22. The Vikings at 24 decline a straight trade. St. Louis at 26 says no. This is a team that is at number 5/6 in the bracket, it has a lousy season last year, and no one wants their draft picks. Ugh. I feel like starting over. How far back are these things worth?

Kansas City at 28 says no thanks. Even Seattle at 32 says no a 3rd round 32 overall for a future third round is a guaranteed deal! So these picks are going to be made into multiple mid round picks. Yuk.

Oakland at 4/1 doesn’t want the Steelers future third, and that’s crazy. Let me try an experiment. Okay, Pittsburgh at 4/5 was willing to swap for my 3rd overall. It seems like the AI treats a second hand future selection differently that it does a future one I own. I can trade my futures for a 16 or 17 pick in the beginning of the middle of that round.

I call an audible and restart the dynasty. This was an element to the game I did not know. I could have deleted the info, but I wanted to be intellectually honest.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-04-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote