View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Again to recap, here is what I know about ye olde QBs.

QB Bert Mayhem has a high grade, and our scouts believe he is underrated, but looking at his bars is like looking at an undrafted free agent. Maybe I’d take a risk later in the draft, but at 16, I want to pick a more reliable QB prospect.

QB Kim McGregor looks to have nice bars, and he is rated the same at Bert, but my scouts believe he is very overrated, and that’s a problem.

QB Shaun Erickson is also rated at about the same level and listed as very overrated.

QB Jack Yoo is slightly below those in ratings, still has good looking bars and is very overrated as well.

Finally there is QB Dan McElroy who is hard to read, rated just below Jack Yoo and has an atrocious accuracy rating with a high volatility.

All but Dan did very well in intelligence. Jack and is a poor jumper while Bert is good, but who cares? All but Shaun are fast and Kim is strong.

I can veto Dan easily.

Let’s look at the bars.

Who has the highest accuracy? Shaun and Jack
Worst? Bert, by far
Who has the most well rounded pass bar? (the one with the best overall passes from screen to deep) Kim by far
Best 3rd Down? Shaun and Jack
The other two are nasty in 3rd down passing
Timing? Jack and Kim
Worst Timing? Shaun who is atrocious
Who is the best at sensing the rush, not a key skill, but nice? Only Bert is any good, and he’s still not that good. The other three can’t even draw a rush on a blackboard.
All but Bert are good at reading defenses, Kim is best though

When I look at the most well rounded QB, who is doing the worst? Bert. Bert’s out for now. Again, I might grab him later if I have a chance.

I can make a case for Kim the consistent passer no matter the distance so long as it isn’t a screen, or accurate and read defense Jack or solid all round Shaun. So who do I go for?

The guy from, West Virginia, Jack Yoo.

Why?

1). He’s from West Virginia, and that’s cool,

2). He’s probably Asian, and that’d be cool to have as your starting star QB.

This is a fun dynasty, so we might as well have some right now. I can’t pick between these three, but I need one, so I’ll snag the one I’ll have more fun with.

16 – QB Jack Yoo from Miami

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote