Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #242
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Have a few games of Dominion: Intrigue under our belts now and I absolutely love the set. Flexibility is the name of the game, and some of the card combinations are awesome (Bridge in particular has a very nice synergy with a ton of different cards). Looking forward to exploring the set more.

Have tried one game each of the Resident Evil expansions, and they are complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Outbreak is extremely difficult to be successful at, while Alliance is almost laughably easy. In the game, you are trying to out score your opponents by going into the mansion and fighting infected creatures. In the vanilla game, you have the option of whether or not to explore, so you can spend several early turns building your deck up before you venture in. Outbreak adds in a penalty for not exploring, represented by an increasing infection level on your character. With very little time to build up your deck, you are constantly risking death when you explore early. Alliance, on the other hand, lets you play with two characters, and very quickly makes exploring the mansion a very easy thing to do.

In both cases every player playing has to deal with the handicaps and bonuses, so there is only a change in play style. I really enjoyed Outbreak, but Alliance was a little too easy for my tastes.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote