Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #247
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreghorn2 View Post
Man i used to love board games.

Anyone have some suggestions for some deep, and maybe not so deep, 2 player board games that my wife and i could play against one another?

Would really appreciate some suggestions, i haven't played board games in a long long time.

i'll second Pandemic and dominion plus expansions as boardgames for two. I'll add Puerto Rico to the list. There is an official two player variant that makes the game great for a couple. PR was the top ranked boardgame for a VERY long time. It is very accessible, and is about as deep in strategy as you can imagine. The only CON I have with PR is in playing with widely diverging skill sets. A weak player won't win, but will likely be the king maker setting up the win for someone else. If both players are new to Boardgames in general, then this won't be an issue.

It was mentioned above that Defenders of the Realm and Forbidden Island also scratch the cooperative itch along with Pandemic, but have very different themes. So don't just stick with Pandemic, just because of the popularity.

Also, don't just bookmark this thread. Go to boardgamegeek.com. That is the promised land.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote