View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #119
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Peregrine raises a good point. There are a ton of suburbs and exurbs around Atlanta. I am sure there are multiple strip malls that would have some supplies.

That said, those places would have likely been looted very early on, so perhaps that's the reason. Still, you wouldn't think that Home Depot would have been looted of all its tools and what not.

I thought the third episode was better written than the last one. The dialogue seemed a lot more natural and there was better flow to it. I think they've done a good job setting up the Shane/Rick/Lori situation. It's much more nuanced in the show than it ever was in the comic.

I agree that some of the characters are a bit stock, like the redneck brothers and the wife beating guy, but the whole you can't pick your group/humans are as dangerous, if not more, than the zombies is pretty much standard "Zombie Movie 101" type stuff. You need to have that kind of intra-group tension and conflict. Without it, the zombie threat doesn't pack the same kind of punch.

Like, Jon, I felt like the episode flew right by. The show is always an incredibly quick hour for me. There was a low body count, only a few scenes with the zombies, but it totally held my interest.

I am really glad this show is getting a second season.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote