View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #140
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
My roommate made the same Lost connection when they were all at the camp folding clothes and stuff. You have to admit that it was very similar, but not that it extends all the way throughout the whole show.

I thought the third episode showed some cracks, some laziness in the storytelling, but that the show can survive them.

That's interesting, though. What made you and your roommate think it was like "Lost" was the survivalish aspect of the show, the mundane, run-of-the-mill steps necessary to keep suriving in that situation, i.e., washing clothes by hand.

Whereas the other comparisons to "Lost", mentioned above, seemed to be that the show was veering away from a simple survival story into something else.

I really felt this last episode was affecting and powerful, portending great and terrible things. We’ve learned of the carnage that has occurred, the chaos the dead have created. Now, it’s time to show what the lingering aftereffects of their unexplained presence on the living will be. Will people gather together, or tear each other apart? Will they run and hide, stand and fight, lay down and die? Or will they, like Merle trapped on that rooftop, do literally anything to survive?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote