View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #482
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Comparing 10 year old boys being anally raped is a bit different than a hooker making shit up. But you already knew this because you saw it mentioned earlier in the thread right?

So far, I haven't seen any indication of proof that even matches the Duke allegations ... and I remember how that turned out.

For all I know the assistant was the sickest perv imaginable, but I've not come across anything so far that leads me to think that Paterno believed that even for a half-second. Have I missed some smoking gun somewhere? An email (or a letter written with a quill & ink since this is Paterno) where he says something about keeping things quiet? Some witness who claims "Joe told me to keep quiet"? Anything at all that indicates he made any attempt to cover up anything?

Meanwhile, I see tons of feigned outrage & attacks on various and sundries institutions by actors whose motives seem perhaps less than purely selfless. Funny, I recall the same thing in the Duke case.

The parallels are incredibly striking to me, have been all day.

edit to add: And I've never even liked Paterno, bordered on outright disliking the guy for years. Not as though I'm inclined toward giving him any excess benefit of the doubt here.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-09-2011 at 11:59 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote