View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:59 PM   #485
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Your first impression is already misguided. "Doing something funny with a kid in the locker room" could be Sandusky doing his best Chris Rock impression. By Paterno's own words, he was told of "something inappropriate" happening "in the shower". He needs to be separated from PSU because even if you believe that he did not receive all the facts, despite the GA insisting he gave them (and the grand jury found all of his testimony to be very credible), it is not appropriate for the leader of a football program, and the de-facto leader of the university, to hear that explanation and not follow up any further, and allow the potential offender to hang around his football program up until last week.

And if for some reason Paterno thought the GA was full of shit and lied about what he said about his longtime friend, why not only keep him on staff, but continue to promote him?

At this point, it doesn't seem like Paterno has any potential criminal problems. But I stress, at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
You clearly haven't read the Grand Jury Testimonial. I have.
You also clearly don't have children. I do.

Go away.

You are right, I have not read the testimonial, I've been too busy, but When I see that he was only told by the GA saw disturbing and inappropriate things in the shower I tend to give leniency until I know more info. Who decides what that stuff is? We can hold a poll on what people consider disturbing and inappropriate and would have huge degrees of variance. Does it say the GA told him he saw Sandusky having anal sex with a 10 yearold? As stated if it was that I would expect the person report the indecent to the police or tell me that, not sugar coat something and make it sound less important. Despite what you may think he is not responsible for launching an investigation against a person that no longer works for him. As for the children, I do, a boy, and I still think, with the information that has come out, he has done what he had to do.