View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #490
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

[quote][This reminds me of something I got really curious about on my drive home listening to the press conference stating he was fired. I wonder how many "victims" will come out now to try and make money off of this. Not saying it is very many, but I could see a person or two saying they were abused to try and get some money as it will be nearly impossible to prove one way or another in many cases./QUOTE]

This is very true. Child abuse can often times be very hard to prove one way or another, especially when cowards and power-corrupted adults with situational ethics choose to cover up and/or ignore the abuse for decades. I have found that, generally, child abuse cases tend to be easier to investigate and prove the sooner they are reported with the coup de grace being those rare times that the perpetrator is caught in the act. Those perpetrators really get nailed to the wall and it tends to be easier on the kids. I will give mcquery and paterno this, for some reason it is hard for people to report child molestation and they are not alone in their inability to do what is right. It is so common it will make you throw up.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote