View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #494
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Maybe it is just me, but if he was just told Sandusky was doing inappropriate things then I think he is in the clear. Who decides what is inappropriate, is taking a shower at the same time as an 10 year-old inappropriate? Unless he was given details, he really can just pass it on to his supervisors to have it investigated. As for following up maybe he just never thought of it when around his supervisors. I'm not positive, but I'd venture to guess he possibly never thought of the situation when he was around his supervisors to ask. I realize there was suspicion before, but if there was real smoke I'd operate under the assumption it possibly wasn't true or blown out of proportion. I do think people are getting really overzealous in their outrage when we don't have all the information.

On another note I hope PSU gave him his full salary for the remainder of the contract as he should be entitled to receive since he did all he was required to do. I really think Paterno would have done more if he really understood what happened, I can't see him sweeping that under the rug as he had nothing to lose by bringing it to authorities, but everything to lose by doing as he did.

This is the worst story I've ever seen involving sports. It makes me sick to my stomach. Not an exaggeration, when I read the grand jury report I almost threw up. The thing about the grand jury report that a lot of people are missing is Paterno's own words. "it was reported to me he was doing something inappropriate"

People defending Paterno are trying to make the case he went to his superiors and his job was over at that point. He didn't know for sure, he didn't want to ruin the life of his friend. His own grand jury testimony shows he knew it was serious.

You ask about showering with ten year old boys. When is it bad? How about never?

Are you serious? For starters, let's just look at the situation. They are at a public university and happen to be the only two people in the locker room showers. The child isn't a nephew or a son (which would be tough to justify anyway, but we can even rule that sliver of information out)

I think I can speak for most of the people in the country when I say that it was inappropriate for him to even take a shower with a ten year old. When we factor the graphic nature of the grand jury report, we can answer that question with even more certainty.

We still need information. Paterno needs to come clean and present his side. All of the other people will get their days in court. There is obviously not enough to charge Paterno with right now for legal violations.That said, I don't see how he could continue to coach the team anymore. He only had one chance. Tell his story and hope the public bought it. When he didn't tell his story (even if Penn St. forced him not to talk), it ended any chance he had to coach this week or ever again.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote