View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #499
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post

You ask about showering with ten year old boys. When is it bad? How about never?

Are you serious? For starters, let's just look at the situation. They are at a public university and happen to be the only two people in the locker room showers. The child isn't a nephew or a son (which would be tough to justify anyway, but we can even rule that sliver of information out)

I think I can speak for most of the people in the country when I say that it was inappropriate for him to even take a shower with a ten year old. When we factor the graphic nature of the grand jury report, we can answer that question with even more certainty.

We still need information. Paterno needs to come clean and present his side. All of the other people will get their days in court. There is obviously not enough to charge Paterno with right now for legal violations.That said, I don't see how he could continue to coach the team anymore. He only had one chance. Tell his story and hope the public bought it. When he didn't tell his story (even if Penn St. forced him not to talk), it ended any chance he had to coach this week or ever again.

It appears you think it is both ok and not ok with taking a shower with a 10 year-old. One can consider that act disturbing and inappropriate, but that is not anywhere near rape. And may not even be illegal, so why should he lead a crusade against someone when he doesn't know what he is leading one against? He did what he was suppose to do, I'll reserve judgement against him until more is known. At this point who knows what he thought was happening in the shower.