Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 60
Parliament – 61
Rockzilla - 61
Fearcoon - 61
Croakers – 61
Peepers – 64

Ready?

Battle #1 – Parliament vs Aegislash. I wanted to lead with a normal Pokemon. Our foe is ghost/steel. I have no ways in. But steel against rock and Rockzilla is rough. Got it. I use X Attack. He misses with King’s Shield. Drill Peck goes first, does around 1 40th damage. Shadow Ball back, takes around half of my health, then leftovers helps. X Defend. Another Shadow Ball. I’m red. I use May Potion to restore my hp. Sacred Sword used, crit on me. Drill again. It protects from my attack and drops my attack. Again! Drill Peck connects. Shadow Ball again. Another Max. Another Ball. I use Drill Peck. Deep into red. Sacred Sword drops me to yellow. Another! He uses Full Restore. I hit. Another pit, another Ball. DP. Another protect, another DP. Shadow Ball. Max pot. Sword. Alright another Drill Peck! Another Shadow Ball. Another Drill Peck!! Finishe,d Ko.

I am very red.

Battle #2 – Rockzilla vs Cinderace – Fire is the wrong one to leave out Parl against. Smack down. Acrobatics does little against my rock. Again! Another acro, and another Down of the Smack drops him to red. Again. He uses Pyro Ball. Barely touches me. KO.

Battle #3 – Peepers vs Haxorus, a Dragon – Fake Out. Flinch, good. Spirit Break. It uses the super effective Iron Tail, drops me to red. And for me….KO.

Level for Peeps

Battle #4 – Punch Monkey vs Seisitoad – Grass should do quick work of ground/water. DRUM POUND! I go first and it’s over in one hit.

Level for Punch and Croakers

Battle #5 – Fearcoon vs Dragapult, a ghost/dragon evolution. Night Slash! It uses Dragon Breath. Paralyzes me. One hit ko my friends.

Level for Rock and Fear

Ready for that Charizard.

I have two ways to fight it. Fire, or Flying

Battle #6 – Rockzilla vs Charizard. We both Dynamax and I use Max Rockfall. Fire vs fire in the final matchup! Gotta love the synergy. He uses Max rockfall me, solid damage. Mine on him? To red. Again! He drops me ot red. And….we finish this

We win! 31,200 on cash.

Good job team! I didnt lose anyone.

Parl level, btw

My winning team, in order from when they joined my team

1. Rillaboom, “Punch Monkey” level 61, holding Luck Incense, knows Drain Punch, Grass Knot, Drum Beat and Overgrowth. Starter
2. Corviknight, “Parliament”, level 62, holding Leftovers, knows Steel Wing, Drill Peck, Brave Bird, and Hone Claws. Joined me on route 1.
3. Obstagoon, “Fearcoon,” level 62, holding Shed Bell, knows Night Slash, Headbutt, Obstruct, and Double-edge. Joined me on route 2.
4. Coalossal, “Rockzilla,” level 62, holding Charcoal, knows Ancient Power, Tar Shot, Flamethrower, Smack Down. Joined me on route 3
5. Toxtricity, “Croakers,” level 62, holding Magnet. Knows Toxic, Poison Jab, Overdrive, and Boomburst. Joined me on route 5.
6. Grimmsnarl, “Peepers,” level 65, holding Fairy Plate. Knows Spirit Break, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, and Foul Play. Traded in link trade for level 30 at Stowe-on-Side.

And there you are! No legendaries.

Quick analysis, although there are some exceptions, I generally feel that most Pokemon need to hit 500 total stats in order to be a finish—able leader.

Now that I’ve played the game naked, where were mine?

530, 495, 520, 510, 502, and 510 respectively. Only my flyer/steel wasn’t at 500, and it was right behind. Examples of strong Pokemon at 500 include the big bug trio of Pinsir, Heracross, and scyther, Rapidash, Ursaring, and more.

495, my lowest, includes finishers like Nidoking and Queen, Golem, etc. Other than my starter, my best was my Galar zigzagoon evolution.

Alright, my favorite Pokémon this run was…

I really like Peepers, Parliament, and Rock. I felt Peepers offered an interesting and unique tricky but powerful move set and great stats and types. But I really enjoyed my bird and my coal. Fire and Rock were very powerful this run, and it was good at sweeping. In fact all of my folks save for early Croakers pre-higher level moves were more sweepers than anything else. Parl’s steel could help hold the fort while I healed or winnowed away, but at the end of the day, all, were sweepers and could run an entire battle or gym. Good job!

I’m giving my top spot to Grimmsnarl, where a tempting demonish Pokemon felt new, looked good, and offered unique play. Then Corviknight.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-10-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote