View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #262
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

More about the EliteXC stuff - Kaitlin Young's (who fought Gina Carano) response about her stoppage -

Quote:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:34 am Post subject:

My left cheek and area surrounding the eye are looking pretty ugly today, but there was no major damage. Though it may have looked like it on tv, I never actually had an open wound.

What you didn't see was that the doctor actually cleared me to fight the third round but the commission said "no". I wanted to continue, my corner wanted to continue. The cut likely would have opened in the third but it was under the eye. If I had to guess, I would say that they didn't want the visual of a woman with a bloody face on CBS.

They also chose not to do a post fight interview with me or to include me in the post fight news conference and after party. I think the reason for that was my beat up appearance after the fight because I was not seriously injured and was completely coherent.

I am very disappointed about that but cant help but wonder how people would have responded to that, as stupid as it is.

I think if people were shocked or upset by the look of it they may have been put at ease a bit by seeing that I was okay. I think some people probably assumed the worst because I basically disappeared from the camera after the fight.

I'm not trying to be one of those people "Well, I would have won if they had let it go into the third round so it wasn't my fault. Yada yada yada...." Gina was obviously getting the better of me at that point in the fight, but I wasn't ready to be done. It really bothers me that I didn't get a chance to thank my sponsors and all that jazz.

So, while she was being beat - she wasn't hurt as bad as some suspected and was cleared to go another round.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote