View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #266
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
I think the stoppage of the Kimbo fight in the third was a bit premature, but what I don't get is how the ref let Kimbo take 40 seconds of punches in the 2nd round without Kimbo fighting back or protecting himself and not end the fight there?

I think the issue there was the fact it was one of the weakest ground & pounds I've ever seen. It probably could've still been stopped, but for being in the horrible position he was, Kimbo took very little damage. Thompson should've finished it decisively there.

The more questionable move, was the ref standing it up when Thompson was I believe in side mount. It was a quick stand-up and I'm a believer that you should NEVER stand it up when someone is in a dominate position like that unless they're doing absolutely nothing for an extended period.

Whole thing was odd.

I bet Dana White is enjoying this though, he's started looking pretty good now that everyone has seen enough of Gary Shaw. I still have a pretty deep dislike of Dana White, but one thing I'll say is that he really does have a passion for the sport and wants it to succeed. Shaw spent most of his time bashing MMA a few years back, saw a paycheck and jumped on the bandwagon. He'll run as soon as soon as it starts going downhill for him.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote