View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #68
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I'll just end up eating keto through Sunday with friends in town

Yeahhhhh, about that. I ended up getting off keto for 3 1/2 days. Stress eating and ordering a pizza Thursday night as I desperately went about trying to finish getting my house ready for guests, and then just eating whatever Friday/Saturday while they were here.

Sunday is where the mental gymnastics begin. We were initially going to go out for breakfast before friends had to drive back out. But they ended up making plans to meet someone for an early lunch part-way through the drive, so we didn't do breakfast and just chatted for awhile at the house before they left. So instead of saying "great, make some bacon and eggs, go buy a steak tonight, get back on keto in a really enjoyable and easy way", I end up thinking to myself "wellllll, I had already pretty much committed to one last cheat day when we were going to go out for breakfast..." and end up at a super shitty chinese buffet.

Quote:
Since I've been losing so much more than expected with ADF so far, I'm very curious to see if eating for 6 days in a row causes any changes.

Too bad I didn't stay keto for this, as I remain curious.

This morning I weighed 312.5 pounds. 7 pounds of mostly water weight gain for someone my size just getting off keto is normal. If I only ate keto and didn't start back up with fasting, I would expect to drop back to 307'ish pretty quickly from the water weight. But right now I'm most interested in weighing less than 300 pounds when I step on a plane to fly to LA next month, not in those types of experiments.

Once I hit "submit reply" here I'll be going to make myself some bacon and eggs, tonight I'll probably go buy a steak and cook it for dinner.

Getting off plan for 3-4 days is really not a big deal. It will almost certainly happen for a week at TwitchCon as well. Getting back on before shit spirals out of control is the important part, so lets do that.

I intend to eat today and tomorrow just to re-establish keto, and then fast on Wednesday. Whether that will be where I pick up ADF again, or whether I go forward with my original plan to begin an extended fast on that day to see how long I can go, not sure yet.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote