View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 11:07 AM   #74
Radii
Head Coach

Weight: 306.8
Blood Sugar: 105

I fasted yesterday, after being 100% certain I was back in ketosis. I lost 4.4 pounds, 3.5 of that is likely water weight, given the 0 calorie intake some fat too. The lowest weight I saw before I got off track last week was 305.9. I'm almost back to where I was, I'm quite pleased about this.

I... don't really have a plan now. I think I'm going to fast today as well. I'd been intending to start an extended fast before last week's distraction anyway. So, I guess I'm doing that?

I read something yesterday about metformin inhibiting gluconeogenesis, the process of converting (basically) protein into energy. The vast majority of energy for me on keto comes from fat and ketones, but there's still a little of this going on. Does this explain me needing to quit my last extended fast on day 3 with low blood sugar symptoms? Maybe! I'm going to try not taking my metformin during this fast, lets see if that makes anything different.

I've got a couple "high quality, organic" chicken carcasses in the freezer, I'm going to make chicken broth this evening and will have a bit every day to see if that can help me feel less shitty over the next few days of fasting. My last food was Wednesday night around 10:30pm. So I'm 37 hours in now. My record is 5 days, I'd hit that Monday night if I can make it. ~80 hours to go.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote