View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 10:41 AM   #77
Radii
Head Coach

Fasting Duration: 108 hours (4 1/2 days)

Weight: 299.5 pounds
Blood Sugar: 61

Day 4 was muuuuuuch easier than the only other time I've gotten this far. I have a work deadline today and put in about 5 hours of work after the early slate of NFL games yesterday and was just fine for the most part. I had a mug of chicken broth in the afternoon, a cup of tea with the same sweetener and <100 calories of coconut oil in the evening. Twice during the day I did feel a bit poor, I felt kinda sluggish around 4pm, that's when I made the chicken broth, I dumped some extra lite salt in the broth for some electrolytes. Later in the evening I got a pretty bad headache. Downing some extra water, making my tea, and drinking a few large swigs of pickle juice helped that subside after an hour or so and I felt fine the rest of the evening. Pickle Juice (and pickles themselves) have tons of sodium, so I usually keep a giant jar of pickles around while eating keto.

Its neat seeing a number under 300 on the scale, but if I were to have to end this fast today, I'd easily gain some water weight back to go back over 300.

In the afternoon on day 5 is when my longest fast fell apart. That day I just started feeling like complete garbage and wasn't able to fix it. So far today I feel 100% fine, I need to be able to focus for this work deadline, and right now I am completely able to like on any normal day, I'm not dragging in the slightest. We'll see what happens throughout the day. I don't want to look too far ahead, but I'm starting to get my hopes up that this might last awhile and bring about some really great results.

Note that I didn't mention hunger at all in my recap of yesterday. I did get hungry a couple times, but it was not a significant issue at all.

Last edited by Radii : 09-25-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote