View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April

Jazz Drummer is complete and ready for release.
Ice Doom has finished production and has a lot of special effects, so it will be in post preduction until August
Green Wizard has finished pre-production and enters shooting.

Let me walk you through the release of Jazz Drummer:

The first thing I do is review how well it is doing with ratings. The average score for it is 85%. I decide not to edit the film. The rating is Teen.

I then pick a score (in this case, I chose the jitterbug MP3 since this is Film Noir.)

Now I can do anything I want with DVD release. Deleted Scenes, Out takes, Making of featurette, SFX featurette if appropriate, talent interviews, easter eggs, games, and a music video can all be added to the DVD at various costs. It also lists al of the major parts and I can select whoever I want to do audio commentary tracks.

I can also edit the DVD. Widescreen release? Fullscreen version?

All of this adds costs to the DVD. I don't expect a film noir flick to do that well in DVD, so I'm not going to add any bells and whistles. As such, I am going to put both full screen and widscreen on the same disc. You can't do this and add bells and whistles, but since I'm not including any, it will save me costs to not do two seperate pressings.

Now I take a look at marketing. Do I want to release a soundtrack? In this case, no. If I did, I could choose the musical genre of each track. For this film, there are no action figures or toys.

I can chose our marketing focus, and in this case, I want our primary focus on the plot, I could also focus on actors, producers, SFX, and more.

I chose the type of marketing campaign, and I chose a blanket marketing campaign. No teaser trailer.

I can set advertising budgets for various communication genres. In this case, we have 2000 screens, which is middle of the road.

Now I can choose to relese the movie. I want to release it next month in May because this month, April, sees all of my competitors on various weekends. On May, Week One, there is no movie released, so we will have it all to ourselves.

I then approve its release.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote