View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BASIC SETUP

This is your standard game of werewolf, underneath it all. There will be mostly villagers and a small group of wolves.

The major win condition for the village is to eliminate all the wolves. Except where the rules allow, the villagers will not be allowed to communicate outside of the game thread (and specifically through PMs).

The major win condition for the wolves will be to achieve a 1:1 ratio with th e villagers. The wolves will be allowed to communicate vi PM. The wolves will be able to nightkill one player at every deadline.

The players will vote to lynch one player every day. Unless other rule conditions come into play to stop the lynch, that player will be lynched at the end of the day and removed from the game.

VOTING

Each day, every player must submit a vote for a player to be lynched.

The proper form to vote is as follows:

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Votes which do not follow this form are at risk of being missed or disallowed.

To change your vote, follow this form:

UNVOTE CHIEF RUM

You may unvote and re-vote in the same post. I will accept the BGG format of simply stating Unvote.

Self-votes are not allowed. Two days without a vote from the player will get the player removed from the game. Nightfall votes will lock in that player's vote, but an actual early nightfall will only be honored if it is unanimously approved by all remaining players in the game.

The mechanism for determining results in the case of a tie vote is unknown.

THE DEADLINE

This game will use a 24 hour deadline. The deadline each day (Monday through Friday) will be 4 p.m. EST/1 p.m. PDT.

This is the deadline for both day actions (voting, duke actions, etc.) and night actions (nightkills, seer scans, etc.).

Any actions for the day or night that is not an "immediate" action must be sent to the GM by the deadline. Conditionals are allowed.

Votes and actions will be eligible to be counted if they happen up to and including 4:00 p.m. EST (1:00 p.m. PDT). Any votes at 4:01 p.m. EST (1:01 p.m. PDT) will not be counted.

DUKES AND HUNTERS

The villagers and wolves are also split into two separate groups: the Dukes and the Hunters.

There is no tie between players being wolfs or villagers and being dukes and hunters. Every player's allegiance as a Duke or a Hunter will be assigned randomly, regardless of their allegiance as a wolf or villager.

Although the major win conditions lie with the wolves versus the villagers, every player also has a minor win condition as a Duke or a Hunter to see that his respective team is the dominant faction left in the game at the end. This will be determined on majority.

There will be wolf-villager roles, and also hunter-duke roles. It is possible to have a role from each allegiance (seer and medic, for instance).

DUKES

Dukes have the ability to change the lynch vote one time in the game, changing the actual player lynched to a player of his choosing. If there are multiple attempts to duke a lynch, an unknown tiebreaker mechanism will kick in. Only one player will be lynched, but all duke attempts will be counted an that power will be exhausted for all those who chose to duke the lynch.

Any duke action must be sent to the GM before that day's deadline via PM.

If you duke to a player who is also a duke, in addition to that player dying, you will also die. The only way to avoid this in a regular duking is to duke to a Hunter.

Each duke can, one time in the game, choose to PM to another duke. He can put in the message whatever he wishes, but he will not know what duke the message goes to, nor will the duke receiving it know from whom it came. The PM will be sent to the GM.

HUNTERS

Hunters have the ability, one time per game, to kill another player in the game, and this action will happen immediately once the GM has seen the PM. If multiple actions are received, the first received will be executed. The others received will be ignored, and those Hunters will continue to have their Hunter ability.

Only one Hunter kill will be allowed per day. No Hunters may elect to use this skill on Day One, and under no circumstance may a Hunter elect to use his kill within the last hour before deadline.

If the GM has not yet acted on a Hunter kill PM, it is possible for the sending Hunter to withdraw this action.

If you use your Hunter kill on another Hunter, in addition to that player dying, you will also die. The only way to avoid this in a regular Hunter kill is to kill a Duke.

Each hunter can, one time in the game, choose to PM to another hunter. He can put in the message whatever he wishes, but he will not know what hunter the message goes to, nor will the hunter receiving it know from whom it came. The PM will be sent to the GM.

GENERAL RULES

Editing of posts is allowed on two conditions--they must be edited within five minutes of the original post, and they must only be for proofing/grammar/spelling reasons.

Any player violating this risks the wrath of the GM.

Be courteous. This is just a game. We're here to have fun, not tear each other's throats out.

If you are killed, do not continue to post in the game thread except one last message to wish your team well. No game information may be discussed in any such farewell messages.

No discussion of the game is allowed outside of the thread, other than those manners provided for in the rules (i.e. PMs among living players).

No discussion is allowed during the processing of night actions following the lynch, except for general commentary on the lynch results. After night actions have been posted, regular discussion may ensue.

As always, if there is any general WW rule we observe here that I neglected to include, please consider it enacted. If you have any doubts about that, ask me in thread or PM me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-20-2015 at 02:50 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote