View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #20
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thanks

It's Sunday night, that must mean it's time for:

CWA Championship Wrestling (Week 2 March, 1987) Live from Knoxville, TN

Preshow:

Brickhouse Brown defeats Lord HUmongous by pinfall at 8:15 (D-)
Sgt Slaughter defeats Dirty Rhodes by submission (Camel Clutch) at 8:06, good chemistry! (C)

ANd we're live!

After last week's shocking events, the world wants to know why, Bam Bam, why? Bam Bam Bigelow comes out.. he tells the fans that he didn't expect the fans to cheer him, because he turned on the closest thing that the CWA has to God.. that being Jerry Lawler. But it wasn't personal. It was all business. He has a new advisor. One who told him that he needed to break through Lawler. To make a name for himself. And he's going to introduce his advisor.. next week. (C-)

Austin Idol is gloating "Last week, I out-thought Jerry Lawler. I knew exactly who'd he pick.. and got there first. Hahaha.. I told you I was going to make your life not worth a plugged nicket, Jerry! But I'm not a sore winner, I'll tell you what, I'll be right back in this ring later tonight, and you can come tell me that I'm the better man!" (B+)

Jeff Jarrett defeated Mr Shima by DQ when Chic Donovan attacked Double J (6:38, E+).. Donovan beats down Double J, and as we go to commercial, Double J is left lying in the ring (E+)

We saw a new Jerry Lawler. He was constantly looking around ringside, and at the back, while he was fighting Tommy Lane.. obviously, he was expecting another attack. Tommy Lane nearly took advantage a couple times, but finally at 8:58, Jerry Lawler hit the piledriver for the three count (C)

Sgt Slaughter is in the ring..

"Koloff! You Maggot! You Scum! You Puke! Last week you had your shot, but you didn't get the job done. You thought I'd slink off with my tail between my legs, but let me tell you this.. these colors don't run! Next week, if you're not yellow, I want you to get two of your comrades with you, and I'll meet you with two members of my team, and we'll have a flag match.. right here in front of all these teams. After the match, the winning team's anthem will be played.. And that's gonna be the Star Spangled Banner.. And THAT'S.. an order..."

Koloff charges the ring, and a Katie-Bar-The-Door brawl breaks out, and finally, they send it to commercial as they're trying to keep Koloff and Slaughter apart. (D+)

When we come back, Austin Idol is sitting in the ring. "Come on out, Jerry.. You can't have left already.. you're not THAT much of a yellow-buried coward..."

Lawler comes out, glaring at Idol, who's smiling and kicking back in his chair. A furious Lawler attempts to slide into the ring... but a fan grabs him from ringsi.. wait.. that's no fan!

Lawler's long time rival, "Dirty" Dutch Mantell has returned to the CWA, and how.. he runs Lawler into the ring post.. and again! Meanwhile Austin Idol is clapping and waving his hands like a conductor imploring an unseen orchestra.. Lawler is left laying on the floor, his forehead busted wide open.. What else can Austin Idol do to torment the King? (B rating)

Tommy Rich is amongst those who help a bloodied Lawler to the back, but after Lawler disappears, Rich returns to the ring:

"Mantell.. Idol.. Jerry's going to give you the whippin you two so obviously deserve.. but I want to discuss one man. One man who begged and pleaded with Jerry last week to team with him. That man.. who took the handshake of friendship and turned it into a sneak attack. You say you want to break through, Bigelow? Well, I'm right here in the ring. Try to break through Wildfire.. if you can!" (C)

Bam Bam isn't one to walk away from a challenge, and he and Rich fight all over the ringside area.. back and forth, in and out of the ring. Rich seemingly has the advantage and goes for the Thesz Press.. but Bigelow CATCHES Rich in midair and turns it into a powerslam!

For good measure, Bigelow pulls out all the stops, putting his feet on the ropes, while pulling the trunks of Wildfire, but the ref misses the blatant cheating and counts the pinfall!

Bigelow slides out of the ring and grins to the camera. "Next week, Next week, all will be revealed.." (D)

D+ Show, in front of 4622 people