View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #26
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We're going to start touring the Great Lakes and other regions with lowlevel cards in an attempt to build up our base there at some point.

We start with a test run from the Chick Evans Field House in DeKalb, Illinois:

CWA Championship Wrestling

Rocky Johnson defeats Jonathan Boyd by pinfall after a Johnson SHuffle at 7:33 (D)

Bam Bam Bigelow comes out and introduces his new business advisor, the advisor to the stars, the Manager of Champions.. Mr. James E Cornette!

"I told Bam Bam here.. Bammer.. you got to make a name for yourself. I want you to find the biggest, meanest man on the block, and I want you to knock his head off... He did that with you Jerry Lawler, thanks to the generous assistance of Austin Idol.. and now Tommy Rich wants to step in our way? The poor fool won't know what hit him..." (D+)

Bam Bam Bigelow defeats Brickhouse Brown by pinfall at 8:22 with a power bomb (D-, Brown off his game)

Jerry Lawler is interviewed backstage: "I'll tell you what, Lance.. Austin Idol is starting to get to me. I know he isn't here tonight, so I'm focusing all my frustration, all my rage on you Dutch Mantell. You are like a rock in my shoe that I can't get rid of. For the last few years, we've been fighting all over the US.. well.. payback's tonight, Dutch! And then Idol.. I'm coming for you..."

(Is Lawler starting to show frustration with the mindgames of Austin Idol? Starts to look like it!!, C Rating)

Sgt Slaughter is in the ring, waving the American flag before setting it in the corner... "Koloff! Bring your men out here, so we can get this going!"

Koloff, Mr Shima and Tarzan Goto come out and start beating up the Sarge! But it only lasts for a few seconds, before Tommy Rich and Bill Dundee make their way out to ringside, and knock the Russian and his japanese cohorts out of the ring! (E+)

Sgt Slaughter, Rich and Dundee defeat Koloff, Shima and Goto at 7:29 when Slaughter clotheslines Koloff over the top rope to the floor, and in the ring, Rich hits Shima with a Thesz Press (D+, Sarge off his game)

Slaughter, Rich, and Dundee jeer the fallen foreigners outside the ring, and proudly sing the Star Spangled Banner inside the ring! (D)

As for our main event, Jerry Lawler and Dutch Mantell had a wild brawl. Even by Memphis standards, this one was insane.. the referee kept trying to seperate the two men, but this was a drag out, knock out fight! Lawler had always at least tried to outwrestle his opponents, but this apparently wasn't a wrestling match to him, it was a street fight.

Finally, the referee tried to seperate the two men in the ropes who were throwing haymakers at each other, and BOTH men pushed the ref down to continue the fight!

The referee had no choice but to call for the bell, disqualifying both men, and the ringside people had to flood the ring to seperate Mantell and Lawler.. this one's not over folks by a long shot! (C rating)

Sellout crowd of 2000, C- Rating, should help us in the Great Lakes..