View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #257
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

2012 Week Seven:

Recruiting:

After finishing last week, we are now ranked #10. Hopefully the recruits like to see that.

I promised a bigger update, so I'll take you through each position and let you know what are plans are and how we are doing.

At fullback, Davis has us at #1. We're out of the running for Jackson but that's not a problem. Davis is the guy we want.

Tight end was looking good, but our #2 Lewis committed to West Virginia. We did land Baker, but I have a 4* at #1 who has us listed 3rd. We've been going down consistently down and I'm pretty worried about it.

We're doing great at tackle, with all four guys listing us as their #1 school. Wisconsin is coming up close at #2 for our favorite, Tucker.

At guard, our #1 player is a JUCO transfer. We're at #1 and feeling safe. The rest of the players are very similar and as long as I land one of the others I'll be happy.

At DT, we have a 4* listing us #1. Michigan State is a close 2nd though.

We got an OLB commit early on, and now have another 4* with us listed at #1. We have a comfortable lead over Virginia Tech.

MLB is an interesting race. We have a Canadian player who favors BYU by an extremely small margin. He's a 4*, but our #2 is also a 4*, but a JUCO. We're his #1.

CB is looking great. We have four 4* recruits who all have us #1. Parks favors us by a huge margin, Doucette has Virginia Tech behind us by a very small margin, and the other two aren't far enough away to make me very comfortable, but I'm not worried. I see us getting at least two of these guys.

At FS, we had a 5* from Florida but nothing ever came of it.

SS is similar, with a 5* guy with minimal interest. But we also have a 4* there, Oscar Fields. We're in a close race with Minnesot to get him, but he says we're his #1.

When it comes to the athletes, 5* Corey McDaniel, who had us way down his list, has really started to like the idea of coming to NJ. We're now his #2, behind West Virginia. We're a little ways away, and he gave his visit with us a B+ grade, but we're hopeful. 4* Alan Anderson has us #1 by a large margin.

Okay....with that out of the way, this week we spent a good 50 minutes with 5* ATH McDaniel. We hit on three pitches which shoud gain us some solid interest.

I then spent a ton of time with 4* TE Southall. We spent about 90 minutes with him but hit on four pitches.

I spent a minimal amount of time on some other players, then hit DT and MLB hard, hoping to solidfy my interest with those recruits.

WEEK SEVEN TARGET LIST

Name, State: Rating (National Position Rank)
Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Soft-Committed to RU
Committed to RU

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks:

Mike Davis, FL: 2* (#10)
Brian Jackson, MD: 2* (#14)

Tight Ends:

Nick Southall, GA: 4* (#1)
Pat Lewis, PA: 4* (#5)
Craig Jones, AR: 3* (#7)
Carl Baker, CT: 3* (#12)

Wide Receivers:

-

Tackles:

Bill Tucker, OH: 4* (#5)
Robert Stevenson, MA: 3* (#23)
David Abdullah, NJ: 3* (#28)

Walter Frank, NY: 3* (#31)

Guards:

(JUCO) Jake McCargo, NE: 4* (#12)
Austin Wesley, AL: 3* (#15)
Randall Washington, NJ: 3* (#16)
Marco Davis, PA: 3* (#22)
Mike Smith, NY: 3* (#25)
Eric Clemens, NJ: 2* (#45)

Centers:

Robert Williams, NJ: 4* (#1)

Defensive Ends:

-

Defensive Tackles:

Ricky Wright, IN: 4* (#10)
Paul Harris, FL: 4* (#13)

Middle Linebackers:

Reggie Horton, CN: 4* (#6
(JUCO) Chris Baker, PA: 4* (#10)
Abraham Jennings, MN: 3* (#14)
Joel Moses, MD: 3* (#18)

Outside Linebackers:

Travis Tremblay, NJ: 4* (#15)
Martin Herring, NJ: 4* (#16)

Cornerbacks:

Ryan Kimbrough, IL: 4* (#5)
Monte Doucette, MD: 4* (#6)
Kevin Amos, DE: 4* (#9)
Bobby Parks, OH: 4* (#25)

Free Safeties:

Scott Givens, FL: 5* (#2)

Strong Safeties:

Scott Scott, FL: 4* (#2)
Oscar Branch, CA: 4* (#3)

Justin Fields, NJ: 2* (#62)

Kickers:

-

Punters:

-

Athletes:

Corey McDaniel, PA: 5* (#2)
Alan Anderson, FL: 4* (#17)

Game
:

#10 Rutgers (5-0) @ #23 Georgia Tech (4-1)

This should be a tough matchup. This is the first of a four game roadtrip. During that time, I play #23 Georgia Tech, #3 Virginia Tech, and #7 Maryland. Great.

Woo! We pulled off the win in convincing fashion! Jefferson went 1 of 19 for 171 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Mills was great again, running 25 times for 182 yards, with a 7.2 YPC average.

Hamby and Williams both had two sacks on defense, and Page and Alvarez each had one as well.

Mason had a 104 yard kickoff return for a TD in the 4th quarter.

Final Score: Rutgers 28, Georgia Tech 10
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote