View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #3256
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Damage argument - I'm going to get better at hitting with each level. You are not. In terms of melee damage, I'm going to have access to weapons that deliver more damage than yours do, although you might get a wand at some point that allows you to keep up.

Tank argument - I'm going to have access to better armor than you are, which will make me harder to hit. My heal ability will allow greater recovery as I gain higher levels. I can understand your argument at Level 3, but it isn't going to be close in terms of absorbing damage, when we are talking about higher levels, unless you are planning on Stoneskin for your Level 3 spell. Even then, you'll be very susceptible to Dispel Magic, something that you don't need to worry about with a fighter.

Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted to have you tank for our party. Risk on you, and I just get to take free shots at our foes. If I had the option, I would steer foes to you instead of me in battles. I've asked Abe about this I just think that your logic is strange.

I think sleep will be highly effective throughout the game anytime we encounter more than one monster. Which there is probably a lot of room. But yes, I could really use a strong level 3 spell. Hopefully if we find one, you dont make me pay through the teech for it
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote