Favored: Callum McNish

Tom Sharpe
-----------
Favored Clubs: Nottingham Forest, Brackley
Favored: Me, Ashley Yeoman

Ryan Woodford
-----------
Favored: Me

Good thing I didn't ditch Ashley Yeoman, as he has a lot of friends on this team. Note: I only included those players who had Brackley as a favored club or a Brackley member as favored personnel. I did not not list the non-Brackley favored personnel because it wouldn't mean anything.

To put some of these numbers in perspective:

Gianluca Gracco
Tied for 7th in Goals - 21
Tied for 5th in Player of the Match - 8
2nd in Shots on Target - 58%
14th in Average Minutes/Goal - 123.9*
Tied for 1st in Offsides - 47
3rd in Average Rating - 7.49

* - Note Nanetti was right behind him, but since that was a late season loan, I'm not counting it, no matter how huge he came up for us.

Max Crocombe
Tied for 1st with 3 others in PKs made
Tied for 1st in Team Goals - 89
Tied for 2nd in Games Won - 28
19th in Pass Completion - 82%
1st in Shutouts - 20 (2nd place had 18)

Sergio Sanchez
Tied for 5th in Team Goals - 85
Tied for 8th in Games won - 26
Tied for 5th in Cross Completion - 50%
17th in Average Rating - 7.3

Tom Sharpe
13th in Games won - 24
Tied for 19th in Team Goals - 76

Courtney Harris
Tied for 19th in Team Goals - 76
5th in Distance Covered - 312.7 miles
1st in Distance Covered/90 minutes - 8.1 miles

Seanan Clucas
Tied for 3rd in Yellow Cards - 13
Tied for 1st in Red Cards - 2
5th in Tackles/Game - 5.97

Taylor Parmenter
3rd in Tackles/Game - 6.14

Callum McNish
11th in Distance Covered/90 minutes - 7.9 miles

Lewis Taaffe
9th in Key Passes - 40
Tied for 20th in Average Rating - 7.28

Gives you a good sense of who our key players were, I think. Note that I only listed Top 20 rankings

Portsmouth averaged 7,234 fans this season to set a new BS Premier record.

Final Training Results - Good
Max Crocombe
Sergio Sanchez
Courtney Harris

Final Training Results - Bad
Stevland Angus
Elvis Hammond (Retiring anyway)
Izak Reid
Dale Binns
Christian Nanetti

The board's spending $232,000 to add 1,175 seats to the stadium as part of the terrace conversion as per League 2 requirements.

How the fuck do you get promoted as a relegation team and your manager doesn't even finish third in the Manager of the Year voting? That's some serious disrespectful bullshit.

I don't mind losing to Mansfield's Paul Cox. He deserved it. But to fucking vote Gateshead and Forest Green 2nd and 3rd when we finished 2nd in the league and were supposed to be dropped is a fucking slap to the face. Fuck all you assholes in the league.

We get a new one year uniform sponsorship deal. This one is worth $12k compared to last year's $8k, so it's a slight improvement at least.

The new wage budget is set $550k and $0 transfer budget.

The board realizes that only offering me a $2k raise after promoting is an insult, so they come back with a two year, $77k per deal, or a $17k raise plus extra job security, but I think we have to turn professional so I'm going to hold out a little while longer.

We made $133k last month, due largely to our prize money, and it's enough to actually make us stable.

Ian Gay got his B-Class license. Yay Ian!

The board is now offering me only a $66k a year, 2 year deal. Fuck that. After some haggling they bump it up to their original $77k a year deal, but I'm so pissed off, I want $83k a year now, which they finally give in on.

Dropping From League 1 to League 2
Wycome, Bury, Carlisle, Scunthorpe

Naturally we win Overachievers for BS Premier.

And naturally, Gianluca Gracco is voted Fans' Player of the Year.

New Overall 11 Players
Samuel Bangura
Gianlucca Gracco
Nabil Guedioura
Courtney Harris
Lewis Taaffe

All reserves, though Guedioura making it now is a weird choice.

The final semipro All-Time Brackley 11. That changes starting next season I *think*

Brackley given $524k in League 2 TV rights for next season. WOW!!!

And we officially go full-time. We also terminate the parent link to Oxford now that we're in the same league. Our scouting range is upgraded to include Ireland. Previously it was just the UK and more specifically England.

Transfer In - DM Kieran Martin (20) (Oxford)
Signed through 2019 with a $25k base salary on a fulltime contract, my very first one. I gave him what he wanted plus another year or two, I forget which, and he immediately signed on. Maybe I paid too much, but considering he did well for us, and it's so hard to find good defensive midfielders, I had to pull the trigger.

Transfer In - DMR Andy Yiadom (23) (Barnet)
Signed to a two year $48.5k/year part-time contract as I made the offer before we turned professional. He's immediately our best DR *and* MR, so what will probably happen is he takes over DR and Samuel Bangura moves to DL.

There's a lot of stuff to sort through and a greater plan of attack to be laid out, but for now, we've started laying the groundwork.

I will say that the board loves my signing of Kieran Martin back to the team, especially since we had no hope of getting Seanan Clucas back since he's under contract until the end of this year.

Oh, and team captain Brett Solkhon left after his contract expired. On the flip side, Ashley Yeoman is willing to stay or be offered a new contract. My staff still thinks Yeoman is our top striker by far, but the statistics just don't seem to bear that out. It'll be a tough choice in any case.

Goalkeeper Glance
It's still going to be Max Crocombe, though I think League 2 is the extent of his potential and his level. He can be decent here, but that's about it. So we might finally be seeing the end of the rainbow here.

Defender (Left)
We're okay here. Tom Sharpe and Samuel Bangura are both capable, and Leon Clowes is a capable option as well. Wouldn't mind getting another one here, but it's fine.

Defender (Center)
It's Sharpe and Sergio Sanchez as the starters, and it's clear that Clowes is going to serve the DLC reserve role that Stevland Angus played for us the last few seasons. Easily our strongest area.

Defender (Right)
As noted, Yiadom is the winner here, but Izak Reid has pretty much fallen to mediocre, so I'd like to potentially get yet more depth here.

Defensive Midfielder
We're okay at starters with Taylor Parmenter and Kieran Martin, but could use talent upgrade and depth, as it really falls off after them.

Midfielder (Left)
Callum McNish looks mediocre for the level, and depth is a screaming issue, as it's always been for us. I'd like to get a massive infusion and upgrade here, like what Yiadom was on the right side.

Midfielder (Right)
Courtney Harris will retain his spot, but like I said, Reid has dropped off, so the wing situation is going to be a concern.

Striker
The consensus is that Gianluca Gracco has maxed out his ability and at best he'll be average here. The Ashley Yeoman love is still strong as I've noted and they don't particularly like Lewis Taaffe, so this is going to be an area we need to take a long look at.

Synopsis
Goalie
Defensive midfield
Midfield (Left)
Striker

in terms of starting

and

Defender (R)
Midfield (LR)
Defensive midfield

in terms of depth

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote