DM Medi Abalimba
ML Louis Rae-Beadle
MC Wes Daly
MR David Wheeler
ST Elliott James
ST Jacob Hazel

29 We're playing like garbage and are lucky to only be down one. 0-1

33 - Like I said... 0-2

43 - 2 gimme shots at the goal and we waste them both.

Hackett, McGonigle, and Malsom all go in at DR, ML, and ST to replace Hazel respectively, and I shred the team.

53 - And there goes any shot at making this a game. 0-3

87 - Consolation long-range goal by McGonigle 1-3

We played a lot better in the second half so I'll give them that.

@Bath (16th)
GK Barney Watson
DL Bernard Williams
DC Mark Bower
DC Chris Blackburn
DR Jamal Hackett
DM Paul Branagan
ML Louis Rae-Beadle
MC George Colson
MR David Wheeler
ST Mark Postle
ST Jacob Hazel

A full-strength lineup save for the keeper for the first time this season

8 - First game back, and Branagan's knocked again.

14 - Our defenders bunch up in the middle freeing them to strike from the wing. 0-1

44 - Bullshit penalty call 0-2

Abalimba and Malsom go on for Branagan and Postle.

[b]49[b] - WTF is this shit? Now Abalimba is knocked.

67 0-3

91 - Own goal, whee. 1-3

The FA is quiet on my ripping them, but at this point, I've fucking had it with the wage budget, the inconsistent team, and just everything ever, so I resign again.

This time I'll wait for somebody to offer me a job. New house rule: I can apply to jobs that list me as a candidate.

Heh. Remember Johnny Goddard, my last big FA signing for Staines? He just broke the team appearances record with 176. Too bad Staines and Brackley are both due to drop back to down to the BSN/S level, as through 14 games, they're 23rd and 24th.

We get to February and Staines is still in last, but Brackley is now above the drop zone and in 18th. Meanwhile, Havant & Waterlooville is currently in the drop zone, which warms the cockles of my heart.

We're into September of next season and nobody's expressed interest in me yet. Havant & Waterlooville did indeed drop, as did Staines. Brackley managed to stay up in BS Premier, but they're in last place right now.

So I go on vacation and tell my secretary to apply me to all bottom division jobs. They're the only ones that will hire me now with my flaky record, probably.

And even then, I get turned down by Bath. Wow. I get a few offers and turn them all down, but I forgot to reject Dartford's job opening, so I'm their manager for all of three days before I realize what happened and resign.

I wait and wait and wait until I find the exact right opportunity: Gainsborough Trinity. They have a $475k payroll available, but are only spending $282k of it and don't have much exciting history in this universe, although they were Championship level back at the turn of the century. They're offering me a one year, $47k contract, and a chance to prove myself. I feel like that's selling me short and work up to a $54k deal.

Ian Gay refuses to join me. He's still at Havant & Waterlooville

I change captain and vice captain to Aynsley McDonald and Danny Parslow. Parslow was formerly the captain.

We drop our first game 0-1 which puts us in the drop on goal differential. The team's been hit hard by injuries and I had to scrabble together a makeshift lineup.

Two days later, we have another game, but I'm able to hustle in a couple of loan guys into the lineup. We tie that one 2-2 and should have won, but for a fucking horseshit penalty in the 90th minute that gave them the draw. And you know who scored on us? Two guys named Wint and Dickman. No, I'm not kidding - Too bad it was Aaron instead of some form of Jimmy for the Wint

That tie pushes us up to 17th that's really a 3 way tie for 19th, a point ahead of the drop zone with 24 games played.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote