View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 02:53 AM   #81
Izulde
Head Coach

We sign 18 year old GK Dereck Turner as a prospect. He'll be in the Reserves for now, but will get work and development and could very soon take over as a starting goalie.

vs Bradford PA (6th)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Angus Hopkins
DR Danny Parslow
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Nicky Deverdics
MC Dion Argent
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Jesse Darko
ST Kane Richards

This is my 200th game as manager across three different clubs (since I don't think I got in a Dartford game, but maybe I did. Let's hope we can get a win out of this.

10 - Gnahore gets knocked.

13 - Deverdics is hurt badly enough to go off. Fortunately I have an upgrade over him waiting to sign the papers, but for now, it's U18 Liam Hubbard on to replace him.

We've had some great chances to get goals if people were in the right damn position, but they haven't been. Parslow moves to DM and Aynsley McDonald comes in at DR.

46 - Lousy free kick defending 0-1

80 - Second free kick goal given up, and our offense has had nary a shot this second half.

Yeah we flat out sucked there.

Worse yet, Eddy Gnahore is out 5-6 weeks.

You can imagine my shock when I win Blue Square South Manager of the Month. Totally unexpected.

Transfer In - ML Ray Atkinson (21)
Two year, $9.75k per year deal. Dude would not move from that number no matter what I did and he was getting pissy so I finally just signed him to it. Great potential and will be an immediate starter on the left wing, though he's very raw right now.

vs Solihull Moors (13th)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Michael Riley
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Angus Hopkins
DR Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
ML Ray Atkinson
MC Nicky Deverdics
MR Taylor Miles
ST Jesse Darko
ST Elliott Charles

17 - Beautiful clearance by Deverdics to Darko who outruns the field..only to blow the shot.

And yeah otherwise it's pretty scrummy the rest of the first half. Miles slides to MC with Samuels taking over on the right side, and Darko is replaced by Lippai up front.

Our midfield play was putrid today. 5.6 for Atkinson, and low-mid 6s for everyone else. It's why we generated no attacks in the second half. Our defense was the complete opposite - balls-out amazing, especially [b]Da Costa[b/] PoTM'ing his way to an 8.3, and a 7.5 for Lumley in the net.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote